Protect Individual and Group Information
- Continuity of Service
Designed with the most stringent data security and confidentiality requirements,
COMET utilizes proven methods and algorithms from the banking, defense, and health industries to
prevent data breaches. COMET's approach to security protects individual and group information.
Confidential client information is stored and protected on COMET servers, with the utmost level
of security. The customer agreement clearly outlines our obligations and responsibilities related
to security. A specific non-disclosure agreement will allow us to share additional COMET security
COMET uses a multi-layered approach to protect client information:
- COMET is a web application. All data transfers between your computer and the COMET server are performed
under the https:// protocol which ensures data encryption. COMET systematically protects its transactions.
- access to the COMET database is protected through several layers of firewalls, filters, page servers and
other protective devices, making a direct access to the database from the Internet extremely difficult.
- COMET uses field-level Department of Defense approved encryption algorithms.
- COMET servers are hosted in a professional data center where physical access to the system is controlled and
monitored. The data center offers protection against fire, power and Internet access failure.
- in the event of a brute force attempt to break into the system, the COMET security team is notified immediately.